Getting Dirty
Summary: Daily routine brings Lingo and Sevrin back to the 'boxing ring' to blow off some steam.
Date: May 22 2016
Related: None

Sevrin.png .Lingo.png .

.
Practice Yard
As part of the training facilities of the Heroes Guild, this sprawling outdoor practice area was built to help young apprentices work on their martial and weaponry skills. The main arena is ringed with a chest height stone wall that surrounds the sand of the yard itself where students may spar. A large oak tree stands opposite the walkway from the ring surrounded by practice dummies. Leading south the path heads over the bridge to the Statue Garden. To the east is the Will training Island, the West meanders to the Archery Yard, and to the North is the gate to the Guild Woods.
1553

It's been a very long and very hot day. Apprentices have been spending it doing all sorts of things, practicing their martial skills, studying, even racing each other. Sevrin has been alternating between the dummies to work on his blade skills, and boxing with adepts and apprentices. Though right now he's wandering back from the Island, where he's been for the last couple of hours, even though nobody can remember seeing him there. His good eye moves across those still out here, lowering his hood. "Anybody up for a spar?" he calls out casually, cracking his knuckles as he awaits a response.

Glancing up from overseeing a nearby recruit as they bash a dummy to pieces, Lingo quirks a grin, calling out to Sevrin, "I could blow off some steam, if you think your face can take it!" She pats the recruit fighting the dummy on the back, pointing out the spot on the dummy they seem to be avoiding, and prompting them along before stepping across the yard to meet Sevrin. Wiggling her eyebrows, she motions towards his hands, "No gloves as per usual?"

"Think I might finally have the upper hand." Sevrin replies with a grin, before tugging his gloves off. "Unless you want me to throw some on. You know how much I like that pretty face of yours." It's about this time a few of the remaining recruits who know what's about to happen gather around, eager to watch the two exchange blows.

Stripping off her own gloves Lingo pulls up a tight grin, "Really now, my face remembers how much you 'like' it." She rubs a finger over her left cheekbone as if rubbing off a smudge of dirt. "And it remembers how you treat the things you like." She eyes the growing crowd of recruits, letting out a little sigh, but shrugs to herself as she refocuses her gaze on Sevrin. "Till we yield or till we fall?"

"I can make it up to you if you like." Sevrin teases, bringing his hands up. "Might be the same thing. If you yield I'll stop, but you might have to wear me out."

<FS3> <FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Great Success Sevrin: Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Solid Victory

Seeming to twitch a bit at Sevrin's teasing tone, Lingo takes a deep breath, trying to keep her voice even as she brings her fists up and takes the first swing, her right fist coming up fast behind her left as it's blocked and catching Sevrin's jaw, "Wear you out, eh?"

<FS3> <FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Failure Lingo: Good Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Solid Victory

Sevrin takes the hit on the jaw, backing up a few steps. "I just might lose if you're letting all our sexual tension fuel you." he decides, bringing his hands back up. He takes a step forward and throws a left jab at Lingo, testing her reaction.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Good Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Marginal Victory

Her brow twitching slightly despite her attempts at trying to keep her cool, and she brings up an arm to block the left jab as she swings a retaliatory fist at Sevrin's face once more, the glancing blow not really connecting hard enough to even redden the skin, "I know your tricks, Sevrin. You'll have to try harder than that to trip me up!"

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Good Success Lingo: Good Success
< Net Result: Sevrin wins - Marginal Victory

"I'm hurt, you know how I feel about you." Sevrin sighs dramatically, before throwing the same jab as before, only to follow it up with a quick right jab aimed at Lingo's jaw, though he doesn't connect solidly enough to do any damage.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Wrinkling her nose at Sevrin, Lingo brings a fist upward, but the full foot of height difference between her and Sevrin becomes evident as he brings an arm over to block the blow. She shifts her weight back a bit, watching for the next swing, murmuring, "You've got to be kidding me, playing the 'lovey' card."

The word of a fist fight in the yard has drawn a small crowd as well as a curious Lyle to make sure no one gets permanently disfigured or damaged. The young healer recruit bounds onto the yard with a bounce to his step moving through the small group of people with a cheerful and curious expression. "Has anyone lost their shirt yet? Or gotten injured?" His tone manages to be a perfectly believable mixture of good cheer and concern and he peers at the fight staying back a ways so as not to get hit himself.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Good Success Lingo: Good Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Marginal Victory

"Who says I'm playing a card?" Sevrin asks in mock defense, throwing another testing punch as he replies over towards Lyle, "Hopefully later, but I doubt we'll really hurt ourselves."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Great Success Sevrin: Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Solid Victory

Glancing over at Lyle after blocking the hit, Lingo turns her full attention on Sevrin, brow furrowing as she grits her teeth against his taunts, "Dunno, I can't help but think one of us will be eating dust soon, and I don't think it will be me!" She steps in, swinging right, left, and right again as Sevrin moves to block her blows, catching him across the cheek.

Lyle laughs softly at Sevrin's words. "So you want to lose your shirt then? Or you want her to lose hers? Either way mending shirts is often a bit more fun than mending people." Because hurt people upset Lyle more than hurt shirts. He winks playfully at Sevrin now, his tone teasing. He watches the fight and winces as Lingo throws what looks like a particularly nasty punch. "Someone may actually need a healer after all…" He muses his eyes taking on a somewhat worried cast.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Good Success Lingo: Failure
< Net Result: Sevrin wins - Solid Victory

Sevrin backs up slightly as he takes the hit to the face. He doesn't bother saying anything else now, stepping in and jabbing right before swinging left at the adept's jaw.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Good Success
< Net Result: Sevrin wins - Marginal Victory

Lingo reels back as her teeth clack together from the blow, feet shuffling to try and keep her upright as she shakes her head against the pain. Keeping her fists up, she refocuses her sights on Sevrin, face still taught with a wince, "C'mon, I'm still standing!" She ducks forward, trying to catch him in the ribs with a jab, but he easily sidesteps.

Lyle watches the fight nibbling his bottom lip in faint worry. The punches being thrown has him wincing every now and then and yet he cannot look away. He is fixed on the fight that is happening studying their movements as though trying to figure out how they can fight like that and still remain upright. He would be flat on his butt by now if that was him getting punched…

Sevrin dances around Lingo, grinning at the little woman. "I'll buy you a drink after this." he promises, before stepping in and throwing another jab at her chest.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Success Sevrin: Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Lingo hisses out a breath as the jab connects, eyes narrowing as she swings around, trying to catch at Sevrin's ribs with little success as he keeps moving, "You'll have to buy me more than one if you keep this up!"

Lyle just shakes his head as he watches them go round and round. What was it with warriors and drinks anyway? Was it some kind of secret warrior after-battle ritual? It seems to be counter productive to future fights to be hungover though…the young man looks somewhat puzzled as he watches the pair now. He seems to be alert but also somewhat lost in thought.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Good Success Lingo: Success
< Net Result: Sevrin wins - Solid Victory

"We'll work it out in the tavern." Sevrin assures her. This time he doesn't go straight for a hit, throwing a few feints at her before stepping in and throwing another hook at her jaw.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Solid Victory

Lingo tries not to stumble back at the blow to her jaw, instead leaning forward to put some weight behind a jab at Sevrin's ribs, managing to growl from an increasingly bruised up jaw, "You'll either be face down here in the sand by then, or I'll drink you under the table!"

Sevrin lets out a hiss as Lingo connects with his ribs. "Sounds like a date then." he manages to tease before he's right back into it, throwing a jab at her sternum.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Good Success
< Net Result: Sevrin wins - Marginal Victory

Swiveling out of the path of Sevrin's jab, Lingo comes back around only to find his fist in contact with her chest once more, knocking the breath from her. She tries to shake off the burning pain as she shuffles back, bringing her fists up once more and eyeing Sevrin warily, "Date?" she manages to breath, "You think… I'd ever…"

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Success Lingo: Success
< Net Result: DRAW

"Of course not. I was under the impression glass eyes turned you off." Sevrin doesn't have as much of an issues speaking, but he's starting to sweat. "But if you change your mind, I know this place out by the island." There's mischief alight in his eye, and he's clearly enjoying himself. Then he's back in with a jab aimed at her chin, which she manages to dodge.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Lingo jabs upwards, a move easily turned aside by the taller man. "I'm saving myself for someone with half a brain," She calls out, trying to match his footing as they circle.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Failure Lingo: Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Marginal Victory

"Thankfully I have two halves. And if I'm not mistaken that's almost a whole." Sevrin throws a lazy punch at her face.
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Solid Victory

Lingo growls as she brings up an arm to block the blow to her face, using the move to cover her other fist as is comes up between them to connect with Sevrin’s jaw once more.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Success Lingo: Good Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Marginal Victory

Sevrin is rocked back a bit, throwing another jab. "I'm not that awful, for a dirty bandit."
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Lingo=unarmed Vs Sevrin=unarmed
< Lingo: Good Success Sevrin: Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Marginal Victory

Dodging the jab, Lingo brings her fist up into his jaw once more, "You're no bandit now, recruit." She grins a little wickedly, "So don't make me take apart that head of your's to see just how many bits of brain you've got!"
<FS3> Opposed Roll — Sevrin=unarmed Vs Lingo=unarmed
< Sevrin: Good Success Lingo: Good Success
< Net Result: Lingo wins - Marginal Victory

"You know I love it when you talk dirty like that." Sevrin grins, throwing up a feint before jabbing at her midsection.

<FS3> Lingo rolls Battle Charge: Good Success.

Lingo peers at Sevrin as she shuffles back from the jab, quirking an eyebrow, "You and I have very different definitions of dirty." Crouching low, she rushes forward, bringing her right shoulder forward at the last moment as she pushes her weight against his midsection, knocking the air from him as he heads for the ground.

<FS3> Sevrin rolls Toughness: Failure.

Sevrin hits the ground and bounces slightly, letting out a gasp. "Oh damn." he wheezes, arms wrapping around his midsection.

Lingo chuckles, stepping up to offer Sevrin a hand up, "See, now /that/ is what I call dirty!" She winks at Sevrin, "You can still buy me a drink if you want, though maybe you should have Lyle take a look to see if your ribs are intact first."

"I'm fine." Sevrin says, taking Lingo's hand and pulling himself up. "Three years and I still haven't really won. Maybe I'll score a victory or your heart some day." he shoots a teasing wink despite his discomfort. "So you want to go get drunk?"

Lingo holds up a finger, "Drink, not drunk." She glances across to where the gates lead to the woods, lips twisted to the side, "I won't have the luxury of getting drunk for a good long while, methinks." She eyes Sevrin up and down, "Besides, I wasn't around last time you got drunk, but I heard stories." She waves at Lyle to join them as they step off towards the tavern.

"I only hit him a little. And he called me knuckles. You know how I feel about that." Sevrin defends himself, before dusting off and following Lingo.

Lingo cackles as she keeps walking, "A little?! He needed healing!" She waggles a finger at him over her shoulder, "Besides, "Knuckles is a great nickname! You should be proud!" She can't help but smirk at him.

"Oh bite me." Sevrin retorts with a cheerful grin.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License